Position Description: Under the general supervision of the Principal, the teacher is responsible to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing the core curriculum.
- Provide physical education instruction for students in Kindergarten through grade 5. ● Plan daily lessons to meet the needs of all students and assist students needing additional support. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Ensure that lesson plans meet state standards and emphasize sports-related skills, movement patterns, games, and fitness activities.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and homework assignments. Communicate those objectives to students.
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior and procedures for maintaining order in their classroom. ● Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators as needed to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and identify gaps in learning. Use assessment data to refine curriculum and adjust instructional practices.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities and homework assignments. Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment.
- Communicate the level of student achievement and progress toward established classroom, school and state standards to parents.
- Ensure that students’ conduct conforms with the standards and policies at Schools of Perea and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinate with grade level teachers, to evaluate and access curriculum to support and work cross-curricularly.
- Participate in professional development opportunities, staff meetings, committees and school wide events.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and school policy.
- Follow State Education Department Regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor and School Leader.
All employees of the Schools of Perea are expected to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the vision and mission of the school
- Acceptance, appreciation and respect for cultural diversity
- A commitment to continuous professional growth
- A commitment to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff members
- A sense of flexibility in working with an expanding school
- A commitment and passion for improving the education of children
- The ability to reflect on one’s own performance
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience working with school-age children in a structured setting
- Must obtain a clear background check through fingerprinting
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be available for meetings and trainings outside working hours as needed
- Must have the ability to reflect on one’s own performance
- Must be committed to work the full school year and summer as needed
- Must be able to interact positively with others individually and in teams
- Must be sensitive to each family’s values, beliefs, traditions and cultural influences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Tennessee teacher licensure with appropriate endorsement strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience preferred
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Schools of Perea
- Working knowledge of computer processes and platforms used in educational settings
Hours and Compensation:
- Monday through Friday according to the Schools of Perea calendar 7:30am–3:45pm
- Competitive compensation as well as a full-suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and life insurance with employer contributions
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org